1. Letter Charms can represent the initials of all her kiddos, or, the initials of a single child. I love the look of multiple letters on one jump ring. So chic.
2. I’ve had several momma customers put the zodiacs of all of her children on one necklace. I love how bold this looks. Just go for it!
3. Use numbers on one jump ring to represent birthdays or wedding dates. My daughter Huguet was born on the 13th, so I’ve added the numbers 1 and 3 on a single jump ring.
4. Every momma needs a heart or ‘love’ charm on her necklace. You can go dainty or daring… Whether that’s the thin hammered heart, or the statement-making LOVE heart, worn by mom-fashion editor extraordinaire Marlene Rentmeister of Le Catch. Blogger and designer Julia Engel of Gal Meets glam also chose the popular puffy heart for her necklace celebrating her baby girl Clementine.
5. Upgrade to the gold-filled long link chain. This substantial, chunky chain feels very current and luxurious. It will appeal to the super stylish mommas out there looking for that luxurious touch for everyday wear.
6. After making countless necklaces at trunk shows, I’ve noticed certain charms are especially popular for moms, who resonate with their specific symbology. Besides the ‘queen bee’ reference, the bee is a symbol of hard work and overcoming the impossible. Janus is the roman God of time and presides over transitions in life. If those doesn’t sum up motherhood, I don’t know what else does.