Black Mandarin Jacket
This heirloom black denim jacket is the collision of two sartorial classics from two hemispheres: the casual American jean jacket and the regal Mandarin jacket.
Cut from imported Japanese 100% cotton grosgrain, this everyday heirloom jacket has subtle yet impeccable design details including:
- A delicate patch of vintage Miao embroidery at the nape of the neck. Traditional Miao jackets feature a similar detail, known to ward off bad spirits.
- Traditional Chinese frog buttons that take 10 hours to painstakingly hand-knot and apply. Buttons are made with love by an auntie in Shanghai and applied by a master tailor at our New York atelier.**
- Hand-embroidered tacking and brass snaps.
- Vintage Asian cotton fabrics to line interior seams, facing and pockets.**
**Each Hart jacket is as totally unique as the being who wears it. No two are alike, with slight variations from the photo. Each Mandarin jacket has a different interior lining and embroidery patch on the nape of the neck. After your order your size, we will present you with a couple of options for your very own jacket.
MATERIALS & FIT DETAILS:
- Imported Japanese 100% cotton grosgrain
- Fits true to size. Features a slightly boxy, cropped silhouette so it can be easily worn with both dresses or pants.
- XS (0-2)
- S (2-4)
- M (6-8)
- L (10-12) coming in December 2016, available for pre-order