***This is not a remote position. Candidate must be located in Charleston, SC. Please read full description on how to apply. Incomplete applications will not be considered.***
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
STARTING DATE: SPRING 2020 (as soon as possible)
Job Length: at least 5 months (or longer)
Hourly payment / 10-15 hours per week
HART is a fast-growing, female-run jewelry brand based in Charleston, SC. Our joyful, quality jewelry has been seen in GOOP, Elle, and Oprah and on stars like Mindy Kaling, the Kardashians, and Kacey Musgraves. With the majority of our sales via our online store, social media is a huge driver of customer engagement and revenue. We are looking for savvy, detailed-oriented, creative person to join our team and help us create cross-platform social content.
The intern will work closely with our CMO and Creative Director to create content schedules that follow key marketing initiatives (i.e. sales, promotions, events, new drops, holidays). You will create original content that must adhere to our brand’s content strategy and pillars, in addition to repurposing our brand assets (product photography, lifestyle imagery, archive, inspiration) for cohesive social storytelling.
- Has sophisticated graphic design, photography, video editing, and copy-writing skills, in addition to strong knowledge of social trends, design and culture.
- Has an elevated-yet-playful aesthetic.
- Is extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Is a self-starter who doesn't need a lot of hand-holding to get the job done. Takes constructive criticism well.
10-15 hour / week
In office 2 days per week (1-2 hours at a time)
You will come to the office weekly for touch-base meetings to strategize content and get approvals/feedback. Most of the work will be done remotely (communication via Slack and phone).
- Schedule 2-3 daily hard posts 1-2 weeks in advance using LATER gram
- Community engagement -- like, respond, and engage with our customers comments and DMs
- Reels: create fun, original Reels that ladder up to key marketing initiatives
- Design Instastory posts in Canva using our brand templates; publish to Instagram
- Maintain that HART product boards with up-to-date product imagery
- Strategize re-pinning for search optimization
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to your firstname.lastname@example.org . In your cover letter, please include the following:
- What is one way that you would improve our Instagram, and how (broadly speaking) would you do it?
- Name a fashion/accessories brand that is doing social media well and why.
- Examples of your photography/videos (a link to your personal Instagram will suffice).
- Please be ready to supply 1-2 references.