I've rounded up some of my favorite local Charleston brands and creators to feature in this year's holiday gift guide. I hope you love it!
THE DESIGN LOVER
- Hart jewelry... the unique color of the Chartreause Topknots always catch the eye of my designer or artists friends. Sparkle Shark Necklace is also a statement-making piece they'll be sure to love.
- A colorful print by two of my favorite local female artists Raven Roxanne or Chambers Austelle. Bonus if you include a coupon for FrameBridge!
- This pitcher by Shelter Collection earthy, chic and directional. When not in use at dinner parties, it lives on my kitchen counter full of long-stemmed lilles.
- On the top of my wish list... an original rockn'roll photograph of Queen or Rolling Stones. Heart of Gold gallery in Mt. Pleasant has an incredible selection.
- When in doubt, a design coffee table book never fails to impress. Celadon and Fritz Porter have tons of drool-worthy options. Pick something that's in line with your recipient's interests.
THE WELLNESS BABE
- Hart jewelry.... the Star and Moon necklace is a low maintenance piece that won't get in their way when they work out. We also love the Hell Yes or Let Go bracelets as soulful, daily reminders to lean into your what your heart wants.
- A gift certificate to the toughest workout in town: the Works by Sarah Frick. It's a soulful ass-kicking that will break you down and build you back up.
- Get your recipient hooked on a healthy new addiction: Blender Bombs. These powerful vegan balls of goodness are dropped into a smoothie and keep you full and energized for hours and hours.
- Sign your sweetie up for joint surf lessons with Isla Surf School on Folly Beach (we hear they're the best!). This is something you can look forward to all winter long.
- Even the most committed sporty spice needs a sweet treat every now and then. When she's ready to indulge, send her to the pasty counter at Harbinger, a female-run bakery that uses natural sugars and healthy flowers for gorgeous desserts.
THE COOL HOSTESS GIFT
- Hart jewelry... the XL Shimmers in Champagne or Rose Gold scream "hostess with the mostest." They're an effortless piece of statement jewelry that she can wear while dancing around her house. We also love the Lion Pendant for its sparkle and roar.
- I have four words that won't fail you: Red Clay Hot Sauce. This local hot sauce was started by my entrepreneurial friends and a former chef at The Ordinary. Bonus: bring them a carton of fresh, local eggs that they can fry up in the morning with Red Clay when they're hungover and exhausted after the party. Breakfast of champions.
- I never take my Christmas tree too seriously. If your hostess also has a sense of a humor, liven up their Christmas tree with a kitschy ornament from Celadon.
- Callie's Hot Little Biscuit is a wonderful hostess gift that never fails to impress. They come frozen, and heat up beautifully. You can also order online and ship anywhere in the US to friends who are missing some South in their mouth.
THE YUMMY MUMMY
- Hart jewelry... spoil mom with a Custom Charm Necklace. You could add the initials of her kids' and husband's names, as well as a bee (the symbol of hard work and overcoming the impossible) or her zodiac. She'll cherish this personalized piece.
- We also love the stylish simplicity of Moon Phase Bracelet and the Celestial Earring Trio. The bracelet is easy to take on and off, and the Swarovski crystal stud earrings won't get in her way as she goes out about her day.
- Treat momma to a non-toxic mani / pedi at The Water Room. She'll love relaxing in the cool, modern, zen space while getting pampered.
- Every mom needs a killer pair of sneakers to wear while chasing after her kiddos. Golden Goose makes the absolute best of these luxury kicks. Hampden Clothing has the only selection in town.
- Add some dazzle to carpool duty with the Goldbug keychain by talented designer friend Mariana Hay (of the Chroghan's Dynasty).
LIKE A BOSS
- Hart jewelry... give your (budding) businesswoman a pendant necklace featuring Janus, the Roman god of time, presiding over beginnings and endings. It's a reminder of the inevitable ups and downs of life (and entrepreneurship).
- You can't go wrong with a pair of my signature tassel earrings in classic navy blue. These effortless statement earrings go from boardroom to cocktails in a flash. She'll wear them constantly.
- Boss ladies know the power of women supporting other women. Rising tides raise all ships. We love the female-run candle company, Lucerna Planta, for their conscious candles made by women. Each scent is inspired by a special woman in my friend (and brand founder) Ali Miller's life. Check out SHEE-O candle (it smells heavenly and lasts forever).
- Thelma loafers, designed by my local friend Amanda Greely, are a wardrobe staple for any chick. Look cute and profesh while kicking some butt.
- Every business owner appreciates a good bottle of wine. For celebrating... or commiserating. My go-to local wine shop is Graft, own by two wine-obsessed cool dudes.
- Local hair and makeup artist to the stars Meg Workman has launched a new service: she'll teach you how to do your own daily makeup in a private session. Genius.